Monday, November 17, 2008

The Great Weekend

This weekend the church that I started going to and got baptized in had a church meeting and it was three days, with three sessions on Sunday. The speaker was a preacher from Tuscon by the name of Eddie Williams and he was an outstanding speaker. He was a very modivational speaker and talked a lot about people getting along and making sure that we love one and other all the time. The meeting was very moving and very eye opening for a lot of people and really made people like me realize that you have to put Jesus number one and then our brothers and sisters number two before we put ourselves and we need to be able to take care of one another and to be able to let things go because Jesus does not want to always be fighting and arguing with each other like the people of today do.

This meeting really opened my eyes for several reasons. The one that hit home the hardest was that I need to work on being more spiritual and not having the want to hold a grudge so much. He also talked a lot about having the ability to look at people as all equal and how to deal with people that think they are better than everyone else and that we need to realize that we need to be able to look at ourselves and realize are we really church members or deciples and church members are the ones that just go on Sunday and really dont do anything else during the week and Deciples are people that actually go to church and go to Bible Study and study out of their Bible more than just on Sunday, which made me really look at myself and made me think of the ways that I need to be a stronger Christian and be able to go to Jesus in prayer. The last month has been a real eye opener for me because I really thought about a lot of stuff last night and decided that I need to actually open it more than I do. More than just a couple times a week. So I have given myself a challenge and hopefully I can stick with the challenge that I have set forth for myself.

No comments: